- Meet the SEC definition of an “accredited investor”: http://www.sec.gov/answers/accred.htm
- Have experience managing and building successful companies as entrepreneurs, investors or operating executives.
- Are experienced in or wish to learn more about angel investing, participating or leading Due Diligence, structuring investments and coaching/mentoring entrepreneurs.
- Have a network of domain expertise and contacts for subsequent funding, talent and technology.
- Dedicate time and effort to GA activities, including meeting attendance, screening committee sessions, identifying and analyzing investment opportunities and serving on GA operating committees.
- Understand that typical angel investments can take years before capital is returned, and, in some cases, the company goes out of business and no money is returned.